From: partha <algolog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 19:29:01 +0530
To: linux-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: ilughyd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [plus a big list of other people]
Subject: [TwinCLinG] Sequel to Linux Pre-installtion Checklist mini HOWTO

        Sub.: Sequel to the pre-installation checklist

 Hello friends,

 You may be aware of the mini-HOWTO "Linux pre-installation checklist"
 which is part of the official mini-HOWTOs of LDP. This mini-HOWTO is
 a very popular tool considering the number of visitors to the site
 where it is hosted, and the number of feedback messages I get every
 day, and the fact that it has been translated into many foreign
 languages.

 I am now working on a sequel to this checklist -- called as the
 post-installation checklist. In this checklist I will be including
 steps one must take IMMEDIATELY AFTER installing Linux e.g. copying
 and storing important files like XF86Config. I will include some
 finer points to help system tuning, network admin, maintenance,
 updates etc. I am also preparing a shell script for doing this
 automatically.

 I invite suggestions from the Linux community on items which can go
 into the post-installation checklist. You must include actions which
 you think are necessary IMMEDIATELY AFTER  installation of Linux, and
 particularly your xperiences where you had wished you had done some
 specific action. Please send replies to me privately (not through
 this mailing list). I will compile the suggestions and inform all of
 you.

 ....partha

 PS: For your information, the pre-installation checklist can be found
 at:
            http://algolog.tripod.com/lnxchk.htm

 An SGML version is also available from the above site, as well as from
 the LDP site. The SGML version was created by  Jesse Goerz
 <jgoerz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> I thank him and salute him publicly for the
 efforts he has put in voluntarily.

 You are welcome to make translations of the pre-installation
 checklist, as well as the post-installation list (when it is ready).
 Please get in touch with me.

Dr. S. Parthasarathy                      Phone: + 91 - 40 - 775 1650
Algologic Research & Solutions            FAX:   + 91 - 40 - 775 1135
78 Sancharpuri Colony
Bowenpally P.O.
Secunderabad 500 011 - India
   e mail: algolog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Note: h-d-one after the @ symbol)