Re: is Linux-India Exocore ?

Q.    Re: is Linux-India, Exocore ?
A.    Yes, it is.

Read on....

Somebody created a page for the Kochi (Cochin) Group at [someplace] which can
be accessed via URL http://cochin.linux-india.org/.  Atul Chitnis has provided
DNS re-direction according to his earlier post in the "Accusations" thread

On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 04:28:09PM +0530, Atul Chitnis wrote:

> I only provide DNS support (so that we can have things like
> chennai.linux-india.org, mumbai.linux-india.org). These
> services are provided via easydns.com, and I have paid for
> these services from my own pocket.

Noble idea indeed !  All local LUG's have proper pointers as per Atul's scheme of
things.  Atul did a _noble_ job.  chennai.linux-india.org points to the correct
page and so are the pages of the other LUGs.  cochin.linux-india.org points to
a page which is [somewhere on the ether].  Who did this, well knowing that the
Kochi pages are mirrored/hosted elsewhere ??

http://cochin.linux-india.org/ also points to http://www.linux-india.org/, which
according to *public* knowledge is on Exocore's servers.  Nobody from Kochi asked
for the page which can be accessed from the link http://cochin.linux-india.org/.
The Cochin Group's page was mirrored at two places, one courtesy Sudhir Gandothra's
http://www.netshooter.com/ilug-cochin/ and the other courtesy Anand Gupta at
http://www.ilug-cochin.org/.  Manoj Victor Mathew, who was our Webmaster and who
still is according to majority decision (he was kicked out without any reason) was
*correct* in maintaining these two pages at two different locations.  Why did the
people manning the DNS bump us off ??  Some people over here have *real good*
intentions in promoting GNU/Linux in India.

I am fully convinced that the GNU/Linux movement in India saw a hand of being
hijacked by none other than the _noble_ Atul Chitnis, who raved and ranted after
having re-directed.

--
ragOO, VU2RGU
Keeping the Air-Waves FREE.........Amateur Radio