Re: Clarification on GPL

Sudhakar Chandra forced the electrons to say:
> "Binand Raj S." proclaimed:

I never did anything of that sort! :-)

> And then there is libreadline which is under GPL.  The makers of ncftp had
> to change their license to GPL because they were using libreadline.

So that's why they gave us the sources! Their FTP server is still
commercial closed source, IIRC.

I gave up on ncftp the day I discovered yafc. Much better.

Anyway, on my system, an rpm -q for libraries with a grep for [^L]GPL
came up with 12 matches. So I guess GPL'ed libraries are not all that
uncommon.

Binand

PS: I know, I know - I cannot name even a single electron whom you have
forced. Talk of baseless allegations! :-)