RE: Unable To Boot From /dev/hdd :

There will be generally two or more controller's (Primary controller and
secondary one and two like this list goes).
If u connect ur disk to the primary controller then I think there sholud not
be
any problem.If u connect to the secondary controller as slave we need to
update lilo properly. Because we need to tell
to boot.S where is our MBR and other stuff and we need to update the disk
parameters properly.Because ur getting L at linux load time
There are some steps to solve the problem.Two of them are put ur LILO(in the
active partion )and update the LILO with the image info(boot.s)
and take care about map files and put proper disk parameters in the LILO.
To find out the reasons why it is not booting each device will have BIOS hex
number using that number and u can the disk info using dosutils(DISKINFO).

Please correct me If I am wrong.

I am facing same kind of problem. I want put linux 6.2 on to flash
memory(called sandisk).
They given IDE bus to connect to the controller(It means it is IDE). But I
am unable to put linux on the
disk by making it as a secondary master. My strong feeling is that Do I
really any separate BIOS to recognise
this sanddisk?? How to solve this problem?? Please give me some pointers
regarding this..
Thans in Advance
Kondaiah Dasari