Unable To Boot From /dev/hdd :

Hi

             I installed Red Hat Linux 7.0 on a secondary
slave disk.During the LILO installation there was a warning
that BIOS drive 0x82 may not be accessible and linux system
did not boot just dispaying L of the LILO prompt.
I have tried fixing the hard drive as primary
slave(/dev/hdb) then there is no problem.

The main thing to note is that  when i put this HDD as
secondary slave (/dev/hdd) there was not other device
connected as secondary master.I feel that this may be the
reason due which linux system did not boot.I used a boot
floppy to boot the linux system.
Can anyone give a solution to boot a linux system from a
secondary slave drive when there is not secondary master
device.
                    Hari