Re: [ot - sort of] spammer bites the dust (goodbye gtcdrom. com)

Biju Chacko rearranged electrons thusly:

> Please do not get confused on the definition of spam. The commercial aspect
> was not objectionable, it was that it was unsolicited. If they set up a
> proper mailing list, perhaps Shourya would subscribe and maybe I would not
> (or vice versa). The point is that _we_ would have control over whether or
> not we received these updates. I believe this is what they have promised to
> do.

 Yes.  Very well put, Biju.

 By the way, spam is not about content - it is about consent.  I, and not the
 guy running the list, is  the sole determiner of whether I should get some
 kind of mail in my mailbox - it may be a linux pricing list, a porn list or
 whatever, it does not matter.

 	-suresh

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian + mallet<@>efn.org