Re: Free Software Company

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Raju Mathur wrote:

> If I have 2 rotis and I give you one, I have one roti less.  If I have
> 2000 lines of code and I give them to you, both of us have 2000 lines
> of code.  See the difference?

No. I agree with your conclusions, but not the logic that got you there.
Software gets me 2 rotis. If I give the software to you, I worry that I
might get only one roti. Of course I assume that there are only a fixed
number of buyers who will convert my software to rotis for me.

I believe that Free Software is a political view. I would be wary of
justifying it with logic. I can live with the fact that I have no
analytically sound justification for hating the baddies.

Regards,

Gurunandan