Re: Free Software Company

Robin Chatterjee rearranged electrons thusly:

> If a s/w only caters to power users , if it has too steep a learning
> curve then it deserves to lose market share.

You are comparing two entirely different markets.  Emacs was not specifically
designed as a user friendly word processor - but as an all-purpose tool for
admins and programmers.  If you compare Word, compare it with Star Office or
Corel Word Perfect, not with Emacs.

[I personally prefer vi and wouldn't touch emacs with a 10 foot pole ... but
that's another story <g>]

+suresh