Installation and Setup of Shared Disk/Mirror Disk AND Network Redundancy Problem

We are in the process choosing an environment for development of a product based on LINUX. We would be obliged if you can help us with the answers to the following queries or tell us where to seek detailed answers of following:

1. We want to install LINUX OS on our machines as Server and  workstations.

*  Our server configuration is Pentium III processor,
  12 MB RAM, 17 GB or more local SCSI hard disk and
  SCSI shared and mirror disk in RAID architecture,
  17" Color monitor, Floppy drive and CD writer, two
  NICs.

**Our workstation configuration is Pentium III
 processor, 128 MB RAM, 17 GB or more IDE hard
 disk, 17" Color monitor, Floppy drive and CD drive,
 two NICs.

Please suggest the following:

* Can you please comment on LINUX support above
 configuration of Shared and  Mirrored disk and
 It will be good if you could tell me some guidelines
 for the installation of shared and mirrro disk.
 Or you can suggest a name of the book which teaches
 this installation of shared and mirror disk on linux
 OS.

* Can Network level redundancy (when one network on
 workstation fails other automatically takes over) on
 Workstations be achieved using LINUX Network File
 System (NFS), or we have to use some other mechanism
 for this.

* Can you tell us whether LINUX has support of D-LINK
 and CISCO (You can suggest the names of other brangs
 too) Networking equipment like NICs, HUBs, Terminal
 Servers etc.

* Please suggest the support on LINUX to install the HP
 CD writer. Whether CD writer device driver comes in
 built into the Linux or has to be separately purchased
 for LINUX version.