Does Windows sucks?

Windows can sucks peridiocally but Linux does if u have <improper H/W> some
windoze freindly hardware like on my Linux Box(SuSE 6.3 eva..).
As far as hardware compatablilty there is no OS like windoze 9x/2k/NT4.
however S/W development under Linux is really fast like in Java the programs
takes 5 sec on my PC under win 98 but for the compilation of code in java it
takes around 3 or less sec.
But truth is due to Linux does nt support my MODEM and have probs with my
Sound card & with VGA card i still have to use windows normally.