Re: beowulf configured!!!

Archan Paul wrote:

> Hi Indraneel!!
> I am running MPI based 2D Cellular Automata Calculations in it. This App is
> written by me and my friend Saugata for Simulation of 2D Cellular Automata
> Rules. If u are interested, then I will post the Source Code (c++ based core
> engine and QT based GUI front end).

Hello Archan...

I have done a lot of programming over beowulfs - all in PVm.. in fact I
like PVM a lot... and imply did not find MPI-LAM as intuitive or easy to
use... I had a problem tryint to implement distributed trees... what i
am talkin about is something like this.. a tree (an AVL tree to be
precise) that has its root in the master node and and the second level
nodes on the other machines... with subsequent nodes being on the same
machine as their second level node... i hope you get the idea.... I
worked to the second level and the third but then things became too
erratic to control... data curroption was just one of the problems... I
can mail you the whole elaborate scheme if you want to discuss this...
however, i never found out a better way than my own (which is probably
the worst) to contruct distibuted trees...

any ideas?? Have you used dipc or pvm_IPC?? the latter implements shared
memory and IPC for PVM based beowulfs... BTW, I got a lot of traditional
theoritical algos to work correctly on the Beowulfs and the speed-ups
were considerable...

--
Abhas Abhinav
DeepRoot Linux