Some questions about Linux

Hi ;
    I recently setup linux and its up & running. But I
facing problem which I can't solve it . Hopefully
someone can help me .

Q1) I created new user account for normal user.
Whenever users know the su (root) password , he or she
can become a super user. How do I make restriction in
such a way that ONLY wheel group has a right be a
super user; the normal user group is strictly
prohibited ?

Q2) I installed Linux in my labtop (Model : AcerMate
540) . My display adapter is ATI Rage Mobility AGP 2X
with memory 8M, and the resoltion is 1024 x 768. I
tried to install X windows using XConfigurator but I
can't see anything when I type 'startx' . What is the
procedure or step to install X windows ?

Can anyone help ?