Re: Re: Re: Linux India Knowledge Base

On Tue, 21 Mar 2000, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> 1. To merge ~all~ the followups into a single file (and merging it to
> correct any errors etc that were clarified in a subsequent part of the
> thread)

So? Merging is no big deal at all. It is just a question of a database of
links, with a main answer and "see-also"s.

> 2. Clean up spelling, grammar etc (e-mail seems to concentrate and bring
> out ~all~ the "Butler English" a person knows).

Uh, I had no intention of "homogenizing" people's efforts to contribute.
Whatever the form of the message may be, it is an individual's
contribution, and represents his/her work. As long as it is technically
accurate, it should remain untouched.

> 3. Take the load off Thaths' server.  If it was a question of mining the
> archives - his wilma list archiver is slow and cumbersome to use, and
> afaict, is a server hog as well.  No need to add load to that ...

Hmmm, so to reduce the load on Thaths' server, we throw away all that
valuable information provided by so many people?

This project is definitely not heading in a direction I am comfortable
with.

Atul