Re: Re: Linux India Knowledge Base

Atul Chitnis saw fit to inform LIG that:

>I don't want to be a wet blanket here, but I was more interested in mining
>information out of the archives of LIH, rather than writing the stuff all
>over again.

It will require substantial rewriting for the following reasons -

1. To merge ~all~ the followups into a single file (and merging it to
correct any errors etc that were clarified in a subsequent part of the
thread)

2. Clean up spelling, grammar etc (e-mail seems to concentrate and bring
out ~all~ the "Butler English" a person knows).

3. Take the load off Thaths' server.  If it was a question of mining the
archives - his wilma list archiver is slow and cumbersome to use, and
afaict, is a server hog as well.  No need to add load to that ...

>Or are we to assume that whatever appears in LIH in terms of answers is
>history? In that case I find nothing wrong with dropping out of LIH.

Even history which occured over several centuries requires enough
editing to fit into a textbook :)

Of course, all the above information ~will~ come from LIH.  Even ~I~ am
not so crazy as to write every set of howtos from scratch when there's
excellent material at hand.

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian + President, CAUCE India + www.india.cauce.org
Stopping Spam In India + suresh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx + Spammers are Losers