Re: Re: Re :[OT] Hackers

Atul Chitnis saw fit to inform LI that:

>I dropped out of LI/LIH because of such "discussions". Looks like there is
>no point sticking around here - some people are totally incapable of
>sticking to a list topic.

Phew ... ~I~ for one have taken the thread offlist as far as possible -
even replied to Doc Tarique's (rather unfortunate) flame offlist.

The topic is closed from my side - no point in keeping on saying the same
thing - cracking a box is bad, no matter whether this is because ports are
left open, admins are too clueless to do their job ......

Anyone has a beef with this statement - pls mail me offlist.

>positioning themselves as the ultimate autority on
>VSNL/hacking/cracking/licenses/etc. The name Linux does not figure

I have never positioned myself as an "absolute authority" on spammers /
crackers ... and if I have inadvertently given that impression - sorry.

I know dozens of ppl (on news.admin.net-abuse.[email|usenet] who are far
better at this ......

>this list, and that you are making this a completely uncomfortable place
>to be in?

Just the fact that it's better to stop people boasting about h4x0ring on
the list - in case it reinforces the (rather common) opinion that linuxers
are all hackers / crackers etc ..

>You are simply hijacking a valiant effort at spreading Linux in India for
>your own purposes. And you are doing it over and over and over again.

No.  Merely trying to keep linux india from getting smeared with the image
of "cracker forum".  If you don't want that - well, fine .........

replies > r.suresh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
flames > /dev/null

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian + President, CAUCE India + www.india.cauce.org
Stopping Spam In India + suresh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx + Spammers are Losers

--
Computer programmers do it byte by byte.