Re: DevShed: Open-Source - On Why Not

Hey, I have a *fabulous* idea!

How about renaming this list to
"dismissive-replies-to-any-alternate-point-of-view@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"?

Given the way everyone jumps on anyone who may have a different opinion
and starts writing insultingly dismissive messages, it would be *so* apt.

Anyone dropping in to read what's being "discussed" here will go away
(yes, they will) bearing the impression that Micro$oft is right - Linux
guys are fanatics, out of touch with reality, narrow-minded, unbending,
non-cooperative and unprofessional trouble makers.

Some of the messages I have seen here are clearly argumentative for the
sake of arguing, and because flaming people for their PoVs is "so much
fun".

May I remind both sides of these "arguments" (which in most case aren't -
they are "I am right and you are wrong" monologues - go read the archives
to get the big picture) that most of what is being discussed here has ZERO
Linux content, and that this is a *LINUX* list?

Thaths - please set up a separate list for war-monging of this sort, and
let's get back to discussing *LINUX* on this list.

In the future, I would like to see *LINUX* related messages here -
especially Linux in India.

Thanks.

Atul

Atul Chitnis       | achitnis@xxxxxxxxxxx (PGP:6011BCB8)
Bangalore, India   | +91(80)3440397 Fax +91(80)3341137