Re: Anti-Linux talk at IT World '99/Comdex India????

On Mon, 6 Dec 1999, Raj Mathur wrote:

> Unfortunately India is full of people who don't know their a** from
> their head but manage to get Guru  status anyway.  The person
> mentioned under is a prime example.  I could name others, but that's
> not the objective of this post :-)

Guru status is something given to a person by others - the idiots are the
ones that hand out this status to someone who does not deserve it.

This particular gentleman is hardly a "Guru", because apart from having
his books ghostwritten by others, he has done precious little for the
industry.

I wish people would be "graded" by their achievements rather than by
labels bestowed by others. The second you use the achievement criteria,
things change, because it becomes obvious that someone who basically just
parrots concepts without applying them to the real world is hardly
qualified for the "Guru" label.

Atul