Re: Anti-Linux talk at IT World '99/Comdex India????

On Mon, 6 Dec 1999, Raj Mathur wrote:

> I don't think Linux-Delhi needs to do anythiing special to knock Mr M
> off his soapbox.  I'll bet any amount that the participants will take
> his pants off in any case without anyone's help.  Of course, if you
> have some suggestions on what is to be done  I'l present them to
> Linux-Delhi.

Question: How many expos/seminars/etc. have you ever seen that have
allowed a straight-forward anti-product talk as a subject?

Someone from ILUG-Delhi could write in protest to the organisers, and also
make the media aware of this. Why ILUG-Delhi? Because of the shortage of
time for one, and the proximity (and possible connections) to the
organisers.

The issue is not whether the person in question is an ass or not - he was
probably *chosen* to give this kind of talk because no one else would dare
to talk on this subject. As for the people doing the "choosing" - I leave
that open to speculation.

Please note that there is also a panel discussion with "2 Eminent Speakers
from the IT Industry" scheduled just after that talk. This seems to imply
that they do not yet have anyone - so maybe a "Guru" from Delhi (again,
proximity) could contact the organisers and make himself available
*before* the slot is automatically allocated to someone not quite in
favour of Linux?

The point is - something needs to be done. If I knew what it was, I'd have
suggested it in my initial post.

Atul