how do i let other users display on my X?

Hello,
I was trying to make a front end for the smbclient -M
command.
I want to popup a message on the X server as soon as
samba receives a message.
but the problem is that when as guest or even as root
- i give the command:
xmessage -display :0 "message"
it complains about not being able to connect and that
it is not authenticated to connect to the display.
how can i correct this. the X server is run by the
user - nanda.
thanx in advance
saurabh nanda