Re: how do i let other users display on my X?

On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 04:05:45AM -0700, Saurabh Nanda merrily said:
> but the problem is that when as guest or even as root
> - i give the command:
> xmessage -display :0 "message"
> it complains about not being able to connect and that
> it is not authenticated to connect to the display.
> how can i correct this. the X server is run by the
> user - nanda.

Insecure way:
  As user nanda run the command "xhost +" to allow X connections from anyhost.
Secure way:
  Find out which user/server the connection is attempted as, using tcpdump
  and use "xhost servername" to allow connection.

- Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya