Meeting wish list (was) Re: Meeting, and assorted stuff.

On Mon, Jul 16, 2001 at 09:38:49AM +0530, Pankaj Kaushal merrily said:
> * Sandip Bhattacharya will continue on the (school college reach out thing!;)

Heh heh ... i haven't been doing much on that thing lately apart from putting
up the issue on my web site. Been spending more time nowadays figuring out
ways to keep my job, or ways of moving out to greener(?) pastures ... ;)

However I have a proposal. How about having concept related topics for
seminars from this time? I mean most of our time goes in giving demos
of installs or CD swapping and all.

There are a lot of programmers and wannabe programmers on this list
too, apart from the majority - the honorable SysAdmins(I don't want to
be targeted by a BOFH ;). They would like to share knowledge of
programming related concepts too apart from a good knowledge of
installation of softwares.

So we can have someone in every meeting deciding to give a seminar on
a programming concept. I have in the past noticed such requests which
had fallen of deaf ears. I am adding some of my own to that:

1. The CGI programming model.
2. The JSP/Servlets/PerlScript/PHP/ASP models
3. LDAP organisation and data design. (My request. I wish Nikhil Datta
would enlighten us on it and his ldaptools package)
4. Device Driver programming
5. The Mail routing system. We had a talk on it last time, which was
good. But we probably need one more
6. DNS
7. Using CVS in projects
8. Using Makefile in complicated projects
9. Programming in QT (neil?)
10. Programming in GTK
11. Programming in Python(our python man is no longer around. maybe
someone can fill in)
12. programming in Kdevelop

[...]

Keep adding more.