RE: Miguel de Icaza set to embrace .NET

Hi!

nebdy who wants to know abt. concept behind .net can read this month's pcq.

In essence it says that .net is trying to kill java!
And by what it looks it is suceeding.

Like JVM, .net p/f has CLR(Common Lang. Runtime). Like JVM, Any m/c and any
OS which has CLR installed will run the code written on any OS.

The Two are diff. in sense:
1) JVM runs only one lang. that's Java. CLR as of now supports three langs:
C#, VB.net, VC.net.
   This significantly reduces learning curve and switching over. MS claims,
Java/C++ guys can     shift to C# and VC++ while VB guys will need no
change.

2) Implemtations of JVM are avail. for many p/fs while CLR is curr. for
winduhs only.

Now it is clear MS is not going to allow JVM take adv. of IInd fact and
providing it's impli. for other p/fs though MS can lose monopoly of Winduhs
it wants monoply in more lucrative mkt!

This is dangerous since, i blv., CLR is not going to be open source like
JVM! With CLR internals details only with MS, thing set for another monoply!

Arun

--There are several english words that contain all 5 vowels. Can you name
one?
One contains all the vowels in order. Can you name it?