Re: Miguel de Icaza set to embrace .NET

Hi,
    In my experience , by the time these apps arrive, a newer version of office
comes into picture with incompatible (and bloated) files format that the previous
versions which the apps do not support(yet).  My point is why not allow  specs to
be public so that everyone can view the files created by your product. Adobe does
tha same with it's PDF  softwares. It gived reader for free while if you have to
create, buy the product. Thus I can use ggv/xpdf to view the files easily...

However, could you please suggest a few, so that I can delete the remaining single
windoze partition( wasted 1GB /20 GB HDD) from my pc and use it for something
constructive?
Regd.
Rajat

PS: Even my dad now use Linux ... and he has just started learning/using computer a
few months back.

Pankaj Kaushal wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 12:10:49PM +0530, Rajat Bhatia wrote:
> >- maybe once every 4 months/office -nearly once a week) is to open office docs,
> >since M$ has copyrighted the format to not allow it to be opened in open source
> >tools( I am only tralking about read-only access, just to view). WHY? because
> >then they can sell another copy of M$Office to the persons just for reading a
> >file somebody else sent!
> Then You are a lazy uninformed looser
> cuz a lot of apps open and save M$office files very easily (don't know
> about XP)so momy wants that os outta ur comp... tonite...
> /me is commin to check ... ;)
>

> --
> X Windows:      Simplicity made complex.
>  Pankaj Kaushal <pankaj@xxxxxxx>
>  Proud to use GNU <www.gnu.org>

-- - Popi Classification -------------------------------------------------------
Classification applies if checked...
[ ] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Walk beside me, and be my friend. - Albert Camus
 Rajat Bhatia
 Rajat.Bhatia@xxxxxxxxxxxx
 Tel:    +91-124-6307212   Ext 1350
            +91-124-6303212   EPABX