Re: Miguel de Icaza set to embrace .NET

neil wrote:

> well rajat... now uve asked for it...
>
> > Excuse Me, but win 3.1 was copied from mac
> hmm... im not very sure about that one... but u may be correct.

That is 100% correct , and dos was copied from CP/M

> > Media players were existing in many OS before Micro$oft . So nothing new
> > in it. Though it crashes ever so often, but I admit it is not as shitty
> > as there other system.
> name the other OS's and their media players....
> dont just hit in the dark...
> and dude... what were the MANY other OS's at that time???
> even linux is getting its media player only now...

Ever Used SGI Indy. I used to see videos in it when win3.1 was still black and
white all over. I never user Apple but I think it had one too? Linux has just
arrived dude... and people are using it because of it's performance... not
because they are forced to do so. Believe me, the only reson I use M$ at (home
- maybe once every 4 months/office -nearly once a week) is to open office docs,
since M$ has copyrighted the format to not allow it to be opened in open source
tools( I am only tralking about read-only access, just to view). WHY? because
then they can sell another copy of M$Office to the persons just for reading a
file somebody else sent!

> > And vb is the root of all the email viruses. When you make a language
> > you do include security in it. Take java for instance... it may be a bit
> > slow, but it is secure ,
> > not like vb
> dude... everything takes time... c has had a lifetime to improve itself...
> vb has had what 6 years??? and they are improving it... it has
> revolutionised the way ppl make s/w...
> what do u think glade(for linux) is trying to imitate... just bcos u may
> think ur one cool dude who uses
> C/C++ to code... doesnt meant there arnt cooler guys who say what the
> heck... there are better things to do with my time...
>
> > Stupid language for morons who can't even design an interface without
> > drag and drop
> hmm... stupid guys who have better things to do than sitting infront of a pc
> all day...

BTW   , VB is not improving.. the security is still the same.. unless they do
something about it... well viruses will kill your data.

> > I would say, if people were not idiot and piracy was not there, they
> > would have not been so big as they are now.
> piracy ???? dude... did u fall on ur head????
> M$ looses more money on piracy than they make by selling their liscensed
> s/w... in india...

1) Yeah NOW, not when dos/win3.1/95 was released. Only reason people used DOS
was because it was available for copy by just typing sys a:
same was the case with win31. If the software was not so freely available (in
the grey market)  it wouldnot had been so popular.

2) Marketing.... did you ever saw a dos ad? forget it pal. Only when you have
money , then only you can advertise. Now they have shit loads of it. more than
the GDP of our neighbour pakistan! they can surely advertise.

3) I used to assemble computers in my college days. 3-4 times out of ten ,
windows 95/98 refused to start up on a brand new PC (all the harware is
working) saying "this program has performmed an illigal operation". I still do
not know why most of them started perfectly when I reinstalled. Nearly all
gave  errors  sooner or later. I got so sick and tired of everyone complaining
my windows is crashing that I had to give up assembling. Tell me windows has
been in development for what say more than 10 years. Why does it still crash
without reason?

> as for ppl being idiots... well dude... heard of the old hindi saying...
> "andhon mein kaana raja??"
>
> u know rajat... just read ur mail... it wreaks with bias...
> its not a good thing... its shows ur inability to judge things for what they
> are...

It's not bias , its 9 years of M$ hell with 4 years of linux heaven!  (yeah
first two years of linux I used both).

> hehe... not one of my virtues either... hehe
>
> Neil

-- - Popi Classification
Classification applies if checked...
[ ] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary

--- A Nice Quote --------------------------------------------------------------

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not
lead.
Walk beside me, and be my friend. - Albert Camus
 Rajat Bhatia
 Rajat.Bhatia@xxxxxxxxxxxx
 Tel:    +91-124-6307212   Ext 1350
            +91-124-6303212   EPABX