Re: 2 Ethernet

It doesn't matter if you run OSPF or RIP or even BGP, since they're
all based on best-match algorithms (shortest AS-path in BGP, shortest
number of hops in RIP, don't know what in OSPF).  In other words,
they'll not allow you to have 2 default gateways to the outside world.
In addition, the rest of the world will know only one best path to
your system, except some sites which are closer on the second link, as
long as you use BGP.

I'd suggest using IRDP (Internet Router Discovery Protocol) if you can
get it going with Linux for balancing outgoing traffic (both Zebra and
Gated support it IIRC).  Balancing incoming traffic is next to
impossible -- stick to using one link as primary and one as backup.

Regards,

-- Raju

--
Raju Mathur          raju@xxxxxxxxxxxxx           http://kandalaya.org/