Re: prob in dial-up setup

Nikk,

I was checking on a very old machine of mine running RH6.1 still and a
very old kernel too, the peerdns seems to be supported there as well. in
fact, it was something that had me puzzled for a long time I was not using
ip-up.local or down.local to change /etc/resolv.conf and yet it would
change on its own with the correct DNSs all the time.

I looked at the output of ps auxwww|grep pppd and found that usepeerdns
was one of the pppd options. I still don't know where that came from I
have not specified it anywhere and would actually like to ;)

Cheers...Kishore

--
What you don't know can hurt you, only you won't know it.