Re: [TROLL] License of messages sent to he list

raju -

the issue that you have raised has been seriously "litigated" in at least
one case that i know of. the question is "who owns property rights to
mail"? in case of snail-mail (on a piece of paper) is it sender or
receiver? since sender wrote it, it's his property, even though mail is in
physical custody of receiver. the famous case that revolved around this
was j.d. salinger's letters (the reclusive and hugely popular author of
"catcher in the rye"). his letters were used and publicised by the
recepient who got sued by salinger, and salinger won. (of course recently
salinger's daughter has written an autobiographical book which describes
her father is a somewhat negative light).

about email i guess the  same principle applies. so i think it may not be
a bad idea that we agree that all our submissions to this list are deemed
to be in the public domain.

-akr