Re: [TROLL] License of messages sent to he list

Talk about emails and their ownerships, here's what M$ thinks of it.
I'm quoting part of it below, but check these out:

Original sensational news:

Micro$oft reacted sharply, pleading ignorance about what was there in
its own web site.  The result:
http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1005-200-5508903.html?tag=mn_hd

Some people's reactions are here:

Of course, this was also widely covered in slashdot and other free
speech sites.

Neil, Neil, Neil: Before you ask what this has to do with linux.
Linux is about freedom, and this includes freedom to speech and
includes privacy.  MS terms were simply unreasonable, and if you don't
believe, read the last paragraph below. For those who currently use
hotmail accounts, I'm accepting thank you mails for telling you about
it :)

The passport.com terms of service had this just a few days back:

<begin quoted from passport.com website>

"By posting messages, uploading files, inputting data, submitting any
feedback or suggestions, or engaging in any other form of
communication with or through the Passport Web Site ... you are
granting Microsoft and its affiliated companies permission to:

1. Use, modify, copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly
   perform, reproduce, publish, sublicense, create derivative works
   from, transfer, or sell any such communication.

2. Sublicense to third parties the unrestricted right to exercise any
   of the foregoing rights granted with respect to the communication.

3. Publish your name in connection with any such communication."

 The foregoing grants shall include the right to exploit any
 proprietary rights in such communication, including but not limited
 to rights under copyright, trademark, service mark or patent laws
 under any relevant jurisdiction. No compensation will be paid with
 respect to Microsoft's use of the materials contained within such
 communication.

<end quoted>

Of course, for the full story, see the links above.

PS: Raju, regarding my mails to linux-delhi, I agree to your proposal.

Bye,
Lokesh.

--
Cricket scoreboard for linux