Re: Cable modem

Hi ,
Well firstly spectra has not yet been bought , Bharti has offered to buy but as i learnt from someone who is known to the Punj family , they have not accepted .

Shared access yes , and i have seen the transfer fluctuate during different times of the day . Though i firmly beleive in the commitment of Spectra to provide this service and i have seen them perform whenever there was a problem . I have been told that sometime this summer their gateway will be functional and then i think things should be better .

All in all , having tried Spectra , Dishnet and Incable , i would recommend Spectra as the most stable and serious of the lot.

The one thing that really annoyed me was that they have configured our NICs MAC address in their router and if you change your card then you have to inform them by fax or email and takes a couple of hours for them to reset the address so you can re register.

- Ankur.