Re: Certain calrifications

On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 01:02:48PM +0530, Aditya Okhal wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Any one viewing this please clarify following -
>
>(1) In terms of GUI and other add-on goodies
>like servers, utilities and misc. tools, is DEBIAN LINUX
>better than Red Hat Linux.
Its not about Debian Linux  being better then Redhat
both come with the same utilities
but the red hat 2 cd set is definately
nothing compared to debian 4 cd set of course you can
find rpm's for all the stuff that debian comes bundeled
but you have to search lookout check dependencies
and waste time to do that but with debian no need for such things
you have a list of packages and if you want u can update
that list. as the latest package list on the server and upgrade
your distb frm the ftp servers itself.

>(2) How come some members of the mailing list
>have linux.org IDs? Is there any way I can get one
>by fulfilling certain procedural requirements like
>filling certain forms, etc.
>

>(3) Does DEBIAN Linux version given in
>two CDs set with current Linux special
>issue of Network Computing have the most
>current version of Linux kernal 2.4.*?
NO, 2.2comes with 2.2.17 its stable but 2.4
can be downloaded.

>I like to end this message with a famous saying
>of Socrates -
>
>"The only thing I know is that I know nothing"
;)