Re: [LIH] any one using djbdns?

Sandip Bhattacharya rearranged electrons thusly:

> The last CERT advisory for BIND was like a "Ramayan" of
> vulnerabilities ;) . Why do people still use it?

Because it's been around for donkey's years - and is quite stable.  Any install
of bind around can be made even more stable if you chroot it.  Of course, you
have Dan Bernstein (partly) to blame for djbdns not taking off (or qmail for
that matter) - he's not got what I'd describe as a large fan following :)

> This IS a genuinely curious question folks, I am no sysadmin - not even a
> lower middle class one :(

Never used it - will download and try it out.

	--suresh

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian  <-->  mallet <at> efn <dot> org