Re: Upgrading HW info

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, Goldwyn Rodrigues wrote:

>about the 810 board which has flooded the Mother Board markets.... Is it
>good enough? It has a integrated AGP card and sound card. The choices
>available to me are Vintron, Tomato and ProComp make. If anyone is using it
>please let me know if it configures well with Linux.

Well, the i810 is a nice performance/price bother board, however, support
in linux isnt really good. RedHat 6.2, and Debian dont support it out of
the box, and you'll have to download the driver from Intel, and compile it
yourself, which is kinda trivial.. but if it bombs, it bombs. And then
you are generally on your own ;-). However, SuSE 6.4 and Caldera eD 2.4
work on it without a glitch. I use SuSE 6.4 on my system. I've been trying
to make this thing work with Xfree86 4.0.1 and 2.4test8, without
success. Well, so much for confusing you... in anycase, if you can RTFM,
i810 works.

Regards,
-- Sundeep.