[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Subject Index][Thread Index]
I have come across a peculiar problem which may not be related to linux.
Yesterday I did the following on my 8.4 GB HD :
- Deleted all existing partitions (Earlier I had 2GB with win 98 & balance
- Created primary partition of 4GB and formatted it (large disk support
- Loaded win98 on this partition.
- Loaded RedHat Linux on the balance space.
The problem is as under :
- In fdisk the primary partition shows 4GB allocated
- In Windows Explorer the c: drive shows only 2GB
- At the dos prompt, when I see the directory of C:> , the free space shows
GB which corresponds to the Windows Explorer display
- In linux, the partition size of hda1 shows 4 GB
What could be the problem ?
Q-1, South City,
Gurgaon - 122-001
Tele : (0124)-6380060 (R);
(011)-614-9972 & 614-3021 Extn 21 (O)