The next step

Hi,

First off, let me introduce myself.  I am Sudhakar Chandrasekharan (just
call me 'Thaths'), the current mailing list administrator of Linux India.
I was one of the early subscribers to Arun's linux-india mailing list and
have been with this community for the last 2 or so years.  I, like Arun and
KD, will

Since the round of introductions are now over, let us get down to business.

Here is what I forsee in the coming weeks:

Week 1: Discussion about what Linux India is, what it has done to the
community in India etc.  We also need to discuss whether there is a need
for a nation-wide non-profit organization such as Linux India.  Basically,
this will be reflection on the past and the present.  Also discuss the
roles of the ILUGs vis a vis LI.

Week 2: Proposals.  We are trying to come up with a constitution for LI.
So anyone can propose a constitution.  Each proposal needs to be seconded
by at least two other people.  The idea during this week is for people to
work together and have 2-3 amended constitutions at the end of the week.

Week 3: Open discussion on the proposed constitutions and voting.  As I
have indicated in the past Arun, KD and I will refrain from voting.

Week 4: Tie up loose ends and announce the constitution to the rest of the
world.  As I have indicated in the past, this mailing listis being
archived.  I am planning on opening up the archives of these discussions
here to the public at that point.

Thaths
--
"You see this?  [holds up Marge's hand, to permit close inspection of
Marge's wedding ring]  It symbolizes that she's my property, and I own