Re: banglinux & IT.COM is not needed for India

Sudhakar Chandra posts:

> IMO, educating some moffusil student on the Internet or
> computers is not the answer.

U mean to say that we shall ask non-mofussil students who
can afford an entry fees of Rs 200/- to start using GNU/Linux
after having had a taste if it at Bang!inux/IT.Com

In Kerala, it has been authoritatively proved that *poverty*
can be done away with proper education.

Educating about the availability of a *free* alternative to
the current OSes is most critical.  UR not in tune of what
is happening in India.  Educating students in Govt. schools
is the need.  We shall tell them about an alternative and
contribute our effort in propagating the politics of the GNU.

> There is a much more fundamental problem in India - Poverty.
> What Vivekananda said over 100 years is still valid - "It
> is a sin to preach to a starving man"

We *all* know the problem of POVERTY.  I think that the
*poverty* as in the minds of Thaths is what is hampering our
efforts.  U make a mountain of a molehill.  OK, now U have made
a mountain of it, can U please tell us how U can find a solution
to this ??  We have to find a solution within this matrix which
has poverty within it.  Vivekananda's quote is relevant to a
totally different issue.  I request U not to make the original
posting irrelevant by UR off-tangent remark.  Please refrain
from commenting on *poverty* if U cannot fully understand the
larger issues involved.

The original posting is a carefully thought out one which cannot
be silenced by one-liners like "It is a sin to preach to a
starving man" (quoting Vivekananda)  ;-)

--
Raghavendra Bhat LL 0484-424755
Progeny Systems & Services,