Re: banglinux & IT.COM is not needed for India

M K Saravanan proclaimed:
> Sorry it may be OFFTOPIC to the Linux group.  But in reality, the word
> Internet itself, is unknown to most of the Indian.  Usually whenever i get
> some free time (mostly in sundays) i will go to some govt. schools or other
> colleges and voluntarily take (awareness) seminars on Internet.  During these
> time, i have just wondered how ignorant are my fellow countrymen about
> Internet.  The condition is very worst in non-metropolitan cities within the
> state.  For e.g. if you go to places like thanjavur, tuticorin, tirunelveli,
> they will simply laugh at you if you tell about Internet because they don't
> even have proper computer facilities intheir colleges.  Telephone services are
> still worst.

Very true.  But, IMO, educating some moffusil student on the internet or
computers is not the answer.  There is a much more fundamental problem in
India - Poverty.  What Vivekananda said over 100 years is still valid - "It
is a sin to preach to a starving man"

Thaths
--
"Psephological-chaos theory notes that the vote of a single registered,
   bemused butterfly in Tallahassee could decide our next president"