Re: Meeting for August?

Hey Hey!

>         1] When is the meeting for the month of August? I, for one will be
> leaving for Madurai on Thursday, August 17th and returning only Sunday
> Morning. Therefore *I* would prefer Sunday evening, instead of
> Saturday..but of course, public demand shall prevail.

Happy man! /me too will not be able to attend the meet on sat. I /we (Ravi &
I) will be greatly pleased if the meet is on the Sun than Sat.

>          e) the latest CHIP magazine had helix gnome on it, IIRC, and helix
> is ultra cool...maybe someone should arrange for the cd(s), machine(s) and
> arrange for a demo.... (only a suggestion)

Demo using alien -> deb and then an install. I'm pretty afraid to do this. I
did an alien -d gimp_blah.rpm and ended up screwing gimp. Then had to manually
remove files. I'm afraid to do this for gnome. so ... a demo on installing
gnome1.2 on deb will be  welcome.

 -suraj