Re: Meeting for August?

On Fri, 11 Aug 2000, Ravikant K. Rao wrote:

> Hi guys,
> 	1] When is the meeting for the month of August? I, for one will be
> leaving for Madurai on Thursday, August 17th and returning only Sunday
> Morning. Therefore *I* would prefer Sunday evening, instead of
> Saturday..but of course, public demand shall prevail.

i am given to understand that we will meet on 19th; prabhu is not around
but should be back in a couple of days to make the announcement. sunday
the 20th is ok with me too, but public demand shall prevail.

> 	2] Whats on the agenda? I have some personal suggestions/requests
> to make:
> 	a) Dr.Sriram's much-awaited sendmail talks?

it is interesting to note that my sendmail talks are doing time travel -
from having been real good (past tense) to much-awaited (future?). my own
assessment is that the talks were so-so, mainly because i know a fair deal
more about sendmail now than i did then; i even went out and bought the
fat (1000 pages approx) sendmail reference book. what i have on offer now
is about radius; i have prepared for it. here is a quick preview.

what is radius? i dont use it. why dont you talk about something that i
use?

well, if you use a dial up connection to your isp, chances are you are
using radius. radius stands for remote authentication dial in user service
and is used by most (all?) isp's for authentication and accounting on dial
up ppp connections. i will talk about how radius works, pap and chap
authentication (will have some uncomfortable things to say for those who
think chap is great) and what is presently happening with radius. about an
hour, i guess. if you are thinking of becoming an isp, this talk might be
quite useful.

sriram