PPP Problems..

hi,

<snip>

    Parthasarathy> Then whenever KPPP is invoked, I get the following
    Parthasarathy> error "PPP is not compiled into your kernel. Pls
    Parthasarathy> contact System Administrator".
    Parthasarathy> So, I would normally re-install Linux and the
    Parthasarathy> process continued..
    Parthasarathy> --- But I know that this is not the way I should go
    Parthasarathy> about..  This time, I want to get the solution
    Parthasarathy> without a re-install.

<snip>

	Right! you dont need to reinstall.  If you havent recompiled
kernel or anything like that just hit the ok button on the kppp error
messg that pops up and go through with the connection.  Nothing will
happen.  The ppp module will be automatically loaded.  The error messg
looks like some bug in kppp so just carry on and it should be fine.

If you have recompiled kernel then you may not have compiled ppp
support into the kernel or compiled it as a module.  If this be the
case just enable the option while configuring the kernel.