PPP Problems..

Hi All

I install Linux and use KPPP of KDE to dial to ISP Then I use some scripts to
fetch mail
This works fine for around 1 month after installation.

Then whenever KPPP is invoked, I get the following error "PPP is not compiled
into your kernel. Pls contact System Administrator".

So, I would normally re-install Linux and the process continued..

---
But I know that this is not the way I should go about..  This time, I want to
get the solution without a re-install.

So, I tried to run pppd (just for testing) from the shell prompt and I get the
following error :

"System lacks kernel support for PPP. This could be because PPP Kernel Module is
not loaded, or becausethe kernel is not configured for PPP. See Readme.linux in
PPP.2.3.5 distribution"

1. Do you have any idea about the above error ?? Is there a fix for the above
problem ??

Regards
- Partha