MGA G200 (Millenium) AGP card with 8 MB RAM support?

hi,

 * one of my friend got a new HP machine with MGA G200 (Millenium) AGP
card with 8 MB RAM.  I installed RHL6.1 and done the xf86config.  In the
card database it is supporting the above card.  but when i issue the
command startx the screen became blank and all the settings LED in
themonitor started blinking.  I have given H & V frequency correctly as
specified int he manual.  What would be the problem. Is anybody already
using this card, kindly help me.

 * The HP machine came with a small partition of 15 MB in which HP system
utilities are there.  Out of 8 GB, already C: (3GB) and D: (3GB) was
there.

/dev/hda1        HP system utilities
/dev/hda2        C: (FAT32)
/dev/hda5        D: (FAT32)

I want to make /boot (14MB), a swap partition (125MB) and a root partition
(1.6GB).  Since D: is occupying the extended partition, How can i proceed?
I deleted D: from linux, and added a root partition of 1.6GB.  it was
included as /dev/hda5. then i created a dos partition (>=32MB) of 3GB,
which was included as /dev/hda6 and then
/boot as /dev/hda7

everything works fine now.  But when run fdisk in windows, it is showing
the whole 4.5GB as extended DOS partition in which as expected 3GB is
shown as logical D partition.  From where this extended partition concept
came and which component (bios/harddrive controller/OS) is incharge of
handling the extended partition?  why the whole 4.5GB was consideredas
Ext.DOS partition by WINDOWS.

mks
M K Saravanan,
Design Engineer,
The AU-KBC Centre for Internet & Telecom Technologies,
Madras Institute of Technology, Anna University,
Chrompet, Chennai 600 044.
Tamilnadu, INDIA

email: mksarav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ph & FAX (Off):  (091) (044) 2402711