meeting?

hi,

    Ravikant> hi, did you guys have a meeting last saturday ? if yes,
    Ravikant> what'd y'all do? if no, when is the meeting? this
    Ravikant> saturday? whats the agenda? webmaster - if the meeting's

	Yes, we met last saturday.  It was raining and only 20 people
turned up.  Mr. Asokan, Aravind and other focusites brought a really
amazing laptop (dell, celeron 333, 192MB RAM, 10GB IDE, xircom
modem/eth, 15'' tft (really large screen area)), running potato.  they
also brought another amazing box a dual pii, ultra SCSI, box running
potato.  We got to see reiserfs in action by pulling the plug on this
box.  It booted back in no time with no errors.

	We also got to see potato's window managers, blackbox,
enlightenment etc. etc.  Also saw gnome and the new xemacs that ships
with potato.  Arun explained the workings of dselect and how to use
it.  After this, Asokan and co demoed vmware by starting up a debian
installation inside the vm.  For obvious reasons, we decided not to
demo a windows install. :)

	A beos demo on the same box was planned but it didnt boot due
to some obscure problem.  Asokan had also been kind enough to make a
cd of all the debs that they'd downloaded.  He explained how to use
the CD.  However when Arun tried to upgrade his box at home, there
were severe problems.  It appears that _all_ the package names had
changed quite a bit after Asokan had downloaded the packages and we
had to write a script to fix some 800 odd MB of files to have the
updated names (God knows why debian folks did this).  Afther this he
tried apt , but it required 104MB worth of packages to be downloaded
(including things like make-passwd and sudo etc.).  Apt estimated this
to take 5 days on Arun's line and after 3 hours of struggle we dropped
the idea of doing anything with potato untill the debian folks release
official CD's.

prabhu

P.S.: Blast the web master (who is responsible for the minutes), am I
doing his job?  I demand a treat!