Re: Float Point Exception

das@xxxxxxxxxxxx forced the electrons to say:
>    When ive checked at the server side the wusage service is stopped and
> error "Float point exception occured" is generated.

I know what this - the program received a SIGFPE signal, which usually
means that it attempted to compute something that is beyond the floating
point limits of the architecture. These limits can be typically found
in float.h.

>   Infact ive installed the same application in x86 processor its working
> fine ,but im getting the problem with my mips raq server.

I don't know the difference between the various architectures involved, but
here are a few things you can try.

If you have the source code to the program, compile with debugging enabled.
Then run the program under GDB. Otherwise, run the program under strace or
ltrace. You will get to know where the problem is.

Most likely a difference in the architecture that libc/glibc guys failed
to notice. It might even have been patched - why don't you upgrade?

Binand