[Sanjeev Gupta (TSG) <ghane@earth.eurolink.stpn.soft.net>] The Linux Counter

-- Listar MIME Decryption --------------
-- Content: Included message

Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 15:11:47 +0530
From: Sanjeev Gupta (TSG) <ghane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "K. Arun" <kar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: The Linux Counter

Dear Sir,

I am writing on behalf of the Linux Counter Project,
http://www.linuxcounter.org .   I have obtained your name from the Linux
Users' Group Worldwide page.

The Linux Counter has been working since 1993 to reflect accurately the
number of Linux Users worldwide.  This is a distribution-independent,
non-profit survey.  User data is not distributed, and users require
to give, at the minimum, only a valid email address, which will not be
made public.  The counter is hosted in Norway, which has extremely strong
privacy protection laws.

I am assisting the Counter as a Country Manager, helping maintain
the lists.  I primarily handle India, however, I am also maintaining,
till they have sufficient users, the Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh,
Nepal, and Bhutan areas.

I would appreciate your asking your LUG members, and other users, to visit
http://counter.li.org/enter-person.html , and create/update records.
Registration is free, involves no loss of privacy, and is usually a 3
minute process.

Do contact me if you, or other members, have clarifications in this regard.

Regards
Sanjeev Gupta		ghane@xxxxxxxxx