Re: contents for website...

Deivanayak>  X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.00.2314.1300

Uh huh, As it was already discussed at the LUG meeting, don't use the
Other O/S or its utilities when addressing chennailug.org - *shrug* - I
dont even have a windows partition on my box...
I only hope you dont use some Frontpage Express or some foo to generate
html for you which would be _Really_ pathetic. :)

  Or atleast use a better mailer and cloak your headers to show mutt or
pine ;-)))

Deivanayak> I sending out another call for articles to be put up in the
Deivanayak> website.

  I'm *this* much closer toward attending Bang!inux 2000, and if it
materialises, I promise to write out *my* Version of what happened, tho' I
fancy Zameer would probably write better than me.

Deivanayak>I also would like have the opinion of the ilugc members if we
Deivanayak>could put up information pointing to organizations giving Linux
Deivanayak>courses in chennai not as an advertisement but only as a
Deivanayak>pointer.

  I think its a smart idea. After all, for a first time linux user (Many
of my friends found www.chennailug.org to their distaste :( ) , I'm sure
they'd appreciate links to Linux courses online/irl , too.

Deivanayak> I call upon ravi to provide some pointers to configuring mutt
Deivanayak> - his favorite mailer :) - so that other experience its
Deivanayak> versatility and all the other features.

  Pointer #1 - Read the ~fine~ manual(s)/documentation.
               www.mutt.org provides extensive info/ sample .muttrc's
               I have with me a .muttrc which would enable PINE key
bindings , so that you could hit "C" (for compose in PINE) and mutt would
read it as an "M" and open a compose dabba ... And also syntax
highlighting , etc...

  Pointer #2 - I'll probably put up my (& Binand Raj's - if he doesn't
mind, that is)  someplace, sometime. I need  a little time though.

Deivanayak> Some articles on configuring dialing server etc would be
Deivanayak> appreciated and preferable based on one's experiences in
Deivanayak> chennai that pointing to a how-to.

  Do you mean dialing into vsnl/whatever isp or do you mean configuring
your box to listen to dial-ins and give them access?
  As for the former, I think its been dealt with _way_ too many times, but
in case people _do_ feel the need for it, I volunteer to put up _my_ way
(tm) of connecting to vsnl|dishnet ....
  For the latter, IIRC there's some really kick butt router/dial-in server
thingie's available on freshmeat...look 'em up.

Deivanayak>  and as you might have seen in a earlier mail from zameer
Deivanayak> about someone trying to mail webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx and not
Deivanayak> reaching, kindly do the needful.

  *shrug*, webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx works.

Deivanayak> and who is taking care of the minutes  - kindly mail them at
Deivanayak> the earliest so that they can be posted on the website.

  You, d'oh! *Pointing an accusing Finger*
  Actually, IMO, there really isn't much else to do as webmaster than
update news.html , announcements about recent developments/happening in
the linux environment [ such as mandrake 7.0 , potato code freeze,
Bang!inux 2k , FreeBeOS 5.0 ,.... foo ] and putting up minutes ...
  If you _still_ need "help" .... get to me on private email and tell me
what you want so I can _Try_ to bail you out ;-)

Deivanayak>  The linux-india webpage pints to chennailug's old
Deivanayak> webpage at dialognet.com and hence the gentleman from APIC
Deivanayak> thought it's been a over a year since me met. whom should i
Deivanayak> mail for making the neccessary changes and should I.

  Mail webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and crib about it , and cc to the
linux-india mailing list to get people's attention that ilugc is infact
not a slumbering leviathan , and on the contrary,we actually do cool
things every month. :)

Deivanayak > Thanking you and sorry for the long mail.

  'leet, I love your /formal/ language..... "the gentleman" .... "thanking
you" .... hehe ... sounds so awesome... I wish I'd be able to talk that
way instead of saying, "that guy/dude/thing/whatever" .... and "cheers"

<kidding - with partial insanity>

  And don't be sorry for the mail. At any rate /I/ don't see any reason
why you should be. You were only discharging your duties as a
dutiful, sincere, $funda-adjectives webmaster and in "Mudhalvan" style,
may we let arun exit the scene.

 One-day-CM> Whats your name?

 Arun> Arun...

  <heard in the background - click clack clack click clack noises of a
typewriter>

 <<signatures,other glorious foo with some good looking women in the

  One-day-CM> Arun, you've ransacked the wealth of the masses and are a
sinner; May you part from our glorious association... blah blah ...

 </kidding - with partial insanity>

  Cheers.

-- -Ravi.
Tue Feb  1 20:20:14 IST 2000