Re: user execute problem in Star office

M K Saravanan forced the electrons to say:
> hi,
>
>   I found StarOffice 5.0 in RHL6.0 application CD.  I installed it as a
> root.  But the problem is only root is able to open the staroffice.  as
> a root if i typed soffice in the command prompt, everyting is working
> fine.  But as other user, if i typed soffice, I am getting the screen
> modify installed components, etc..,   What is the problem ?  Can anybody
> help me in this regard.

This is the way I installed it from the RHL 6.0 application CD:

Installed the SO RPM as root.

Then I logged in as binand and ran /opt/Office50/bin/setup

I set it up for myself (the media key is on the CD cover), and when it asked
whether to register, I said yes. It registered on its own, and applied the
Customer ID and product key also on its own. Now I can use SO without any
problems.

A friend chose to register via the net, and he got an email with the ID and
product key. Both of us are using SO without problems now.

Binand