Re: linux laptop help

hi,

    Ravikant> On Thu, 28 Oct 1999, Sriram wrote:
    >> has anyone configured a linux on laptop?
<snip>

	Well, I have configured Slink on an Acer Ascentia laptop (a
close friends m/c).  Zameer gave me the best tip.  Which was - "visit
http://www.hotbot.com and search for the string Laptop + X + Linux, or
Laptop type + X + linux".  This was really useful to get the mode
lines for the X server.  I got the right url first shot!

    >> i have an ibm thinkpad. it has a 3com 10/100 mbps card and a
    >> billionton 56 modem. both pcmcia devices. i am having problems
    >> configuring it. i am not sure if i am doing it right. but i
    >> followed the instructions that i have seen in how to's.

	I hope this modem is not one of those Winmodems.  If it is,
tough luck - AFAIK you cant use it.

<snip>

    Ravikant> ... ) ... I _WAS_ annoyed then , because prabhu did'nt
    Ravikant> "help" me , but I _now_ realise what a world of good it
    Ravikant> did to me ... So do the whole thing yourself. FYI I

Welcome to the spirit of Linux.  Glad you got the point.  Learning is
where the fun is. :)

    Ravikant> Please Please in gods name go look at
    Ravikant> http://metalab.unc.edu/LDP ... there is a section there

	Now I am doubly sure that you understand the spirit. You even
quote the same url. ;-)