Re: Debian Installation problem...

Deivanayak T Balakrishnan proclaimed:
> I used the Debian 2.1 CD1 and installed the the base modules. I chose
> some minimal packages. I was instructed to use install, Upgrade and
> config in dselect.
>
> I chose access and install. There is an error popping up saying...

What did you choose for 'Access' in dselect?  multi-cd?

> "Looking for installed packages /var/lib/dfg/methods/multicd/available -
> no such file or device
>         installation script returned error exit - 1
> Press RETURN to continue"
>
> I replaced the CD 1 with CD2 and i am still facing the same problem.
> I do not understand as to why i am getting this.  Is it probably because
> i did something wrong. Please give me more information about this.

If you have enough disks space I recommend that you copy all files from
both the CDs onto your disk and use 'Access' method 'mounted' and point to
the files on your disk.

Thaths
--
 "All right.  Maybe I said some things, some personal things.  But you
should have seen them, Marge.  They really wanted to hear what I had to