Debian Installation problem...

Courtesy Dr.Sriram and ilugc i managed to get a copy of Debian slink
set.

I have a problem and looking for some help...

I used the Debian 2.1 CD1 and installed the the base modules. I chose
some minimal packages. I was instructed to use install, Upgrade and
config in dselect.

I chose access and install. There is an error popping up saying...

"Looking for installed packages /var/lib/dfg/methods/multicd/available -
no such file or device
        installation script returned error exit - 1
Press RETURN to continue"

I replaced the CD 1 with CD2 and i am still facing the same problem.
I do not understand as to why i am getting this.  Is it probably because
i did something wrong. Please give me more information about this.

Thanking you,
Help...
Deivanayak T Balakrishnan