delay in starting netscape comm. in LINUX

Dear friends,

*  I am using RHL 6.0.  Whenever I press netscape icon, the screen is
coming up after  2 minutes of delay.  I am not able to rectify this
problem.  Also whenever I telnet to my system from some remote machine,
(using IP address and not by DN) the login screen appears only after 4
for 5 minutes.  Same hold to ftp session also.  But from the remote
machine I am able to access the apache web server instantaneously even
if I give Domain Name instead of  IP address of my machine.  Can anybody
suggest some solution to this problem?  I hope few weeks back somebody
posted similar problem.  Is that guy find any fruitful sol.?

 *  I have a inkjet printer connected to one of WIN95 m/c.  in the
network.  How can I use that printer under LINUX.  Somebody told me to
use samba.  But I don't know how to configure it ?  any suggestion
please?

thanks in advance.
with regards,
mks

M K Saravanan,
Design Engineer,
The AU-KBC Centre for Internet & Telecom Technologies,
Madras Institute of Technology, Anna University,
Chrompet, Chennai 600 044.
Tamilnadu, INDIA

email: mksarav@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Ph & FAX (Off):  (091) (044) 2402711